With so many different credit cards from various banks promising best cashback, rewards and air miles, it is easy to become confused and overwhelmed. This is why we are here to tell you what are the best cashback credit cards for entertainment and dining spending in Singapore this year.
1. OCBC Frank Credit Card
OCBC Frank is an affordable entertainment rewards credit card available to almost everyone. Annual fee is set at only $80 and is waived for two years. Fee can also be waived for the subsequent years as long as annual spending exceeds $10 000. However, there is a monthly cap on rebate of $60 and 3% cashback on NETS FlashPay auto top-ups is limited to two times.
- 5% rebate on entertainment expenses on weekends (3% for weekdays)
- 6% rebate on online expenses e.g. online shopping, travel bookings, food delivery orders (requires minimum $400 offline spending)
- Minimum Income Required: $30 000 (Singaporean) / $45 000 (Non-Singaporean)
2. UOB YOLO Card
YOLO – You Only Live Once. The card name speaks for itself in terms of the experience it aims to provide for users, epitomizing the modern carpe diem. This card is one of the best for entertainment and dining spending with savings up to 8% and even provides various nightlife perks for cardholders. However, there is a high annual fee of $192.60, which is waived for the first year, and total cashback per month is also capped at $60.
- 8% cash rebate on dining and entertainment expenses on weekends (3% for weekdays) for local and overseas (with minimum spending of $600 per statement month)
- Dining deals at more than 3000 restaurants with exclusive 1-for-1 deals
- Exclusive nightlife perks like priority queue, free access and 1-for 1 deals at some of Singapore’s best clubs and bars
- 1-for-1 specials at movie theatres (up to 10% rebate at Cathay Cineplexes)
- Minimum Income Required: $30 000 (Singaporean) / $40 000 (Non-Singaporean)
3. CIMB Visa Signature Card
The CIMB Visa Signature is one of the best cashback cards for dining in Singapore. Although it has a low cashback rate on general purchases, it has an astounding 10% rebate on dining, which is at the top in the industry. There is also no annual fee and minimum spending required, and can serve as a good supplementary card to other cards that are less generous for dining expenses. However, to qualify for the maximum 10% cashback, minimum spending of $500 and 8 monthly transactions worth $30 each are required. Cashback on dining is also capped at $60 a month.
- No annual fee
- 10% cashback on dining
- 10% cash rebate on online spending in foreign currencies
- 0% admin fee on foreign currency transactions
- Minimum Income Required: $30 000 (Singaporean) / $48 000 (Non-Singaporean)